Reflection

             At the beginning of this year I decided to delete instagram once again. I predict this will last at least a few more months. I also turned all the notifications on my phone off; no vibrations, no annoying dings, and no banners on my lock screen. I feel that because of this class I have become a lot more aware of my media consumption and how it has affected my sleep, schoolwork, and most importantly relationships with my friends and family. Since going off most media I feel a lot better, even though sometimes when I get really bored I miss being able to mindlessly scroll through random pictures and videos. I also find myself no longer paying any attention to advertisements at all. Now that I know just how evil and conniving they are with all their tricks, it makes it easier to sift through all of the nonesense to find the facts about a product. My mind almost automatically does it now, it's awesome. I believe it's important to have media literacy because if we didn't, then there would be no way for us to decipher any of the messages we are receiving through the media.

Comments

Popular Posts