My Media Relationship


I have to admit, my relationship with media is not all sunflowers and daisies. It’s like that one annoying couple that everyone knows and hates, who breaks up every other week, just to get back together the next. I often delete my Instagram only to get it back a month or two later. When I have it, I will usually waste three consecutive hours scrolling through pointless posts of people I barely or don’t even know at all. Then I’ll get super upset at myself for doing that instead of homework. This ultimately puts me in an awful mood and I delete the app. Only to redownload it a few months later thinking I’m smarter and it won’t happen again, continuing the vicious cycle. Snapchat, my only other social media platform, however, is an entirely different story. When I look at instagram I just see a ton of people living arguably better lives than myself, even though I’m sure most of it is fake or exaggerated, (we all know Karen doesn’t really look like that and isn’t at a party 24/7). When I snapchat it is much more personal. I only talk to people I want to talk to and since it is real-time, it’s a lot harder to embellish your day to day life. Also I don’t send “streaks” because in my honest opinion they are just a stupid way for snapchat to keep you addicted to the app, so they can make more money.

Comments

Popular Posts